Man, I have a bad habit of taking photos for blog posts but not writing the posts up >_< *6 months later* hahaha. So this post is...
Man, I have a bad habit of taking photos for blog posts but not writing the posts up >_< *6 months later* hahaha. So this post is well overdue but I wanted to talk about this brand and share my opinions~
Face of Australia is well, an Australian brand (ya durr xD ) which has a range of cosmetic products that really strike me as outstanding when it comes to quality and affordability. There are other Australian brands such as Natio, Australis and Nude by Nature but I find FOA has topped it all for me.
1. FoA Translucent Loose Powder - This is probably THE most affordable loose powder you'll find at your local Priceline at $ 11.95 for 20g of product. It's probably as basic as loose powders can get, the translucency doesn't affect my skin tone (which I found my Revlon translucent powder tended to do), there's no fragrance and the packaging is light and sturdy. At first I found it particularly messy to handle because I would dispense too much and create a powder cloud but after a while you get the hang of it :p 20g can last you a loooong time and I'm already a third way through~!
2. FoA Lip Paints- I currently own 3 of 6 of these lip paints and still use the middle two every few days. Pigmentation, texture, fragrance and longevity are awesome but sadly they're limited edition and would be hard to find in stock. Full review: here!
3. FoA Budge Proof Gel Eyeliner -The only eyeliner I use and my favourite in the FoA range. I only need to use the teeniest bit every time and the little brush is actually pretty handy- only bad thing is that it dries up and requires reshaping every now and then. ^would repurchase
Swatches from left to right: Budge-proof eyeshadow in Bronze Sphinx, brown gel eyeliner, Sheer Glow Lip crayon in Sundae and Face Base Primer.
4. The Lip Crayon in Sundae is such a gorgeous peach! The only reason I never wore this was because I seriously couldn't stand the smell so I decided to check in store if all of them smelled like this and aye, they did :(
6. Face Base Primer- This primer was unlike any of the ones I've had in that the consistency was very much like a lotion and absorbed a little more into your skin as opposed to the velvety soft silicone primers. The awesome thing about this is that it seems like a skincare product at first glance but really does what a primer is meant to do- keep your makeup staying on longer! I found that when I use silicone based primers, my foundation slips and slides everywhere when I'm trying to blend in >_<
FoA Eye Do palette pics and swatches up soon! :D
Have you tried any Face of Australia products?